Dec. 17, 2020
If you haven't already seen the dazzling light displays in Berks County, now is the time to spend an evening enjoying the wonder of the season with your family. Here are some of the best holiday light displays to enjoy this year.
1. Holiday Lights at Grings Mill
2083 Tulpehocken Road, Wyomissing
6:00-9:00 on December 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Free Parking. Due to Covid-19, Holiday Lights will be a walk-thru light display only. Guests are asked to practice social distancing and encouraged to wear facemasks when social distancing is not possible.
2. Koziar's Christmas Village
782 Christmas Village Road, Bernville
Thanksgiving through January 2: Mondays-Fridays - 6-9pm, Saturdays - 5-10pm, Sundays 5-9pm
The site of Christmas Village in the valley below as you crest the hill is pure amazement and the perfect way to welcome your family to the festive and dazzling local attraction. They highly recommend visiting during the week, which is not as busy as weekends.
3. Twas the Lights Before Christmas
4891 Penn Avenue, Sinking Spring
December 2 - 22
Light shows run every 15 minutes from 5-10pm
FREE! Over 100,000 lights (more than 5 miles!) dancing and twinkling along to music. Free kids gift bag on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights from 6:00-9:00pm.
4. Christmas on Lincoln
2031 Lincoln Court, Wyomissing
5-9pm daily beginning the day after Thanksgiving through New Year's Eve.
Champion of ABC's Christmas Light Flight in 2013, this home features over 60,000 Christmas lights that dance and flash to music. Please pull to the side of the road and set your radio to 87.9 FM. Please keep your radio at a reasonable level so you don't disturb other neighbors.
5. Christmas Display to Benefit the Animal Rescue League
216 Elwyn Avenue, Sinking Spring
6-9pm daily through December 31
See this house with about 30,000 Christmas lights. Walk down Candy Cane Lane to see more! New this year: make sure to bring your camera for the great photo area - a handmade sleigh you can sit in. Please consider bringing donations for the Animal Rescue League of Berks County. They can not accept bedding, but you can bring dog or cat food, cat litter, treats or a cash donation.
6. GT’s Simply Peace Light Experience
1110 Snyder Road, West Lawn
6:00-10:00pm through January 2
Load up the car and have some fun driving through a winter wonderland experience! The Glad Tidings parking lot will be transformed into a drive-through light experience where you can learn more about the Christmas story and create lasting memories with your family.
7. Music & Lights on Liberty Place
904 Liberty Place, Birdsboro
5:00-9:00 on Sunday-Thursday, 5:00-10:00 on Friday and Saturday
The light display is set to music, which you can hear by tuning into an FM radio station.
Other local houses that are definitely worth driving by:
1. 885 Pomander Avenue, Reading
2. 398 Anthony's Mill Road, Bechtelsville
3. 202 State Street, Hamburg
4. 124 N. 3rd Street, Hamburg
5. 122 Heckman Road, Temple
6. 1805 Squire Court, Wyomissing
7. 1029 Christina Drive, Leesport (Tune to 88.1)
8. 20 Caribou Court, Exeter
9. 409 Main Street, Oley (Access the alley to see the back of the house, which is also decorated.)
10. 9 Lake Street, Reading
11. 505 Albert Drive, Sinking Spring
12. 804 Philadelphia Terrace, Birdsboro
13. 411 Green Meadow Drive, Douglassville
14. 2104 Rosewood Court, Wyomissing
15. 505 Canvasback Court, Birdsboro
16. 17 Bent Brook Circle, Reading
17. 923 N. Reading Avenue, Boyertown
18. 10 Samantha Lane, Gilbertsville
19. 103 Marisa Lane, Gilbertsville
20. 2178 Weller Court, Gilbertsville
21. 41 Oley Road, Fleetwood
Visit our blog every week for more real estate articles and local Berks County articles. We can help you find the perfect home for sale in Reading and the surrounding communities of Blandon, Boyertown, Douglassville, Exeter Township, Fleetwood, Kutztown, and Oley with our powerful property search tool.